Niacinamide, also called nicotinamide, is a form of vitamin B-3, an essential nutrient. A B-3 deficiency can lead to disorders of the skin, kidneys, and brain. Taking niacinamide can help prevent B-3 deficiency.
And there’s much more to this nutrient, especially when it comes to general skin health. Although more research is needed, topical niacinamide may help treat certain skin conditions, including acne and eczema.
Despite the similarities in names, niacinamide isn’t the same thing as niacin. They’re two different types of vitamin B-3.
However, your body can make niacinamide from niacin supplements you’ve taken. This happens when there’s an excessive amount of niacin in the body. Tryptophan in the body can also be converted into niacinamide.
You should always talk to a doctor before taking vitamin B-3 or other supplements.
Benefits Of Niacinamide
Overall, niacinamide can help build proteins in the skin and lock in moisture to prevent environmental damage.
1. Niacinamide helps build keratin, a type of protein that keeps your skin firm and healthy.
2. Niacinamide can help your skin grow a ceramide (lipid) barrier, which can, in turn, helps retain moisture. This is beneficial for all skin types, especially if you have eczema or mature skin.
3. Minimizes redness and blotchiness.
4. Keeping skin smooth and moisturized may have a secondary benefit — a natural reduction in pore size over time.
5. The benefits of moisture retention aren’t just for those with dry skin types. Niacinamide can also help regulate the amount of oil the sebaceous glands produce and prevent your glands from going into overdrive.
6. Protects against sun damage.
7. Treats hyperpigmentation.
8. Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles. Research has also found that the same concentration was helpful in reducing some signs of sun damage that come with aging. This includes fine lines and wrinkles.
9. Niacinamide helps build cells in the skin while also protecting them from environmental stresses, such as sunlight, pollution, and toxins.
10. Niacinamide may be helpful for severe acne, especially inflammatory forms like papules and pustules. Over time, you may see fewer lesions and improved skin texture.
The price ranges from N 3,750 to N 12,000 depending on the brand you want.
Click HERE to buy on Jumia
The post 10 Benefits Of Niacinamide According To Skincare Pros appeared first on FabWoman | News, Style, Living Content For The Nigerian Woman.
PROMOTE YOUR | MUSIC| VIDEO | COMEDY SKIT | MIXTAPES HERE ON CONNECTNAIJA CALL/WHATSAPP : +2348122390211