Potato pepper soup is healthy and nutritious and a great way to spice up your daily or weekly meal plan.
Instead of the usual boiled or fried potato, this pepper soup will do more for you.
-5 medium Irish Potatoes
-300g fresh fish (head and tail only)
-10 medium mushrooms
-1 red onion
-2 habanero peppers
-1 teaspoon ground ehu (Calabash Nutmeg)
-1 big stock cube
-Black pepper (tiny quantity as seen in the video)
-5 scent leaves
-3 bay leaves (optional)
-Salt (to taste)
1. Pour a small quantity of water into a clean pot and set on the stove (medium heat). The water should just cover the bottom of the pot.
2. Add the ground ehu, black pepper and stock cube (crushed).
3. Stir and gently place the pieces of fish in the pot. Once the bottom heats up, turn the fish around so that all sides will get some heating and become tough.
4. When the fish is well heated all over, remove them from the pot and add the potatoes.
5. Add water to cover the potatoes, add the bay leaves and start cooking on high heat till the potatoes are cooked but not soft.
6. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add the fish (gently), the onions and habanero pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Then take out the fish again and add salt to taste. Note: we add the fish, take it out, add, take it out etc so that it does not scatter.
9. Stir to make sure everything is incorporated.
10. Serve and sprinkle the scents leaves on top. Enjoy it with a chilled drink.
We have this video to guide you
PROMOTE YOUR | MUSIC| VIDEO | COMEDY SKIT | MIXTAPES HERE ON CONNECTNAIJA CALL/WHATSAPP : +2348122390211