Omawumi Megbele is a singer, actress, and movie producer.
Here are some facts about her as she turns a year older.
1. Omawumi was born on 13 April 1982 in Warri, Delta State where she hails from.
2. She began her education at Nana Primary School and College of Education Demonstration Secondary School for her primary and secondary education respectively.
3. She graduated from Ambrose Alli University with a Law degree in 2005.
4. She worked with her family’s law firm called “O.S Megbele & Associates” in Port Harcourt, Rivers state after her graduation.
5. Omawumi rose to fame in 2007 after she participated in Idols West Africa finishing as 1st runner-up.
6. In September 2008, she released her debut single “In The Music”.
7. Her first album Wonder Woman was released on November 11, 2009. her other albums, Lasso of Truth (2013) and Timeless (2017) and an E.P, In Her Feelings (2019).
8. She made her acting debut in 2009 when she played a minor role at V-monologue, a play that reflects the negative issues affecting Nigerian women, and followed it up with a role in the musical play Olorombi.
9. She made her screen debut in 2010 with the high-budget AMAA award-winning film, Inale. She made her second appearance in House of Gold (2013) and a third in Make a Move(2014).
10. Omawumi moved into her N100million Lekki home in 2014.
11. She got married to her husband, Tosin Yusuf in 2018 and they are blessed with two children.
12. She co-owns Hermanes Media alongside her best friend Waje.
13. She made her debut as a movie co-producer with the movie ‘She Is’ in 2019.
14. Her awards and nominations include Next Rated Artiste at the Hip Hop World Award (2009), ELOY Awards nominee for the Best Female Artist (2014), and Best Vocal Performance (Female) at The Headies (2018)
The post 14 Things To Know About Afro-Pop Singer, Omawumi appeared first on FabWoman | News, Style, Living Content For The Nigerian Woman.
PROMOTE YOUR | MUSIC| VIDEO | COMEDY SKIT | MIXTAPES HERE ON CONNECTNAIJA CALL/WHATSAPP : +2348122390211