Victoria Kimani is a popular singer, songwriter, actress, and entertainer.
Popularly known as Cholocate City’s ‘First Lady’, she is currently the ‘third person in the beef between fellow singers, Tiwa Savage and Seyi Shay.
Here are some facts about her.
1. Victori Kimani was born on 28 July 1985 in Los Angeles, California but she originates from Kenya.
2. She lived in Benin City, Nigeria, for two years, where her parents who were pastors did missionary work.
3. She began singing at the age of 9 and at age 16, she began performing alongside other church choir members as a backup and wrote songs for others.
4. Kimani went to college and did back-ups for Mercy Myra on returning to live in Kenya.
5. She later opted to drop out of school to fully pursue a career in music.
6. Kimani shot into the limelight in 2010 when she performed a remix of Ice Prince’s hit single “Oleku“.
7. She was the first female artist signed by Nigeria’s music label Chocolate City in 2012.
8. She released her first single in March 2013. She followed it up with the second single ‘Show’ in 2014.
9. Kimani has several mixtapes which include Oya, Heaven, Hate Me, Open Up Your Heart, F.U.M.F, Do What You Want and Fre.
10. She and 7 African female musicians, Cobhams Asuquo, and a team of One Campaign staff met in Johannesburg to create “Strong Girl” on May 13, 2015.
11. Kimani was in a relationship with her Chocolate City label mate, Ice Prince for two years. The pair also released a romantic single together titled ‘Loving You’ in 2015.
12. She made her acting debut in a Nigerian movie in 2015 titled ‘7 Inch Curve’.
13. She released her debut album Safari in 2016, which collaborated with stars across Africa: Sarkodie, Khuli Chana, Jesse Jagz, Phyno, and Ice Prince.
14. She has been nominated for several music awards some of which include
- Most Gifted Newcomer Video for ‘Mtoto’ and Most Gifted R&B Video for ‘Oya’ at the Channel O Music Video Awards in 2013
- Best Female Artist (East Africa) at the Africa Musik Magazine Awards in 2014.
15. Kimani shaded Tiwa Savage in the #FVCKChallenge started by Kiss Daniel in 2019. In the video made by the singer, the line ‘Grandma African bad girl’ references a line from her hit song ‘Malo‘ with Wizkid.
The post 15 Things To Know About Singer, Victoria Kimani appeared first on FabWoman | News, Style, Living Content For The Nigerian Woman.
PROMOTE YOUR | MUSIC| VIDEO | COMEDY SKIT | MIXTAPES HERE ON CONNECTNAIJA CALL/WHATSAPP : +2348122390211