A Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) is a popular fat transfer procedure that augments the size and shape of the buttocks without implants. It is currently the fastest-growing cosmetic surgery in the world.
It is done by removing excess fat from the hips, abdomen, lower back, or thighs with liposuction, and a portion of this fat is then strategically injected into the buttocks.
BBL was invented by the Brazilian Dr. Ivo Pitanguy, who was Brazil’s most famous plastic surgeon in the ’60s. He founded the world’s first plastic surgery academy in 1960 teaching his techniques to other surgeons which soon spread around the world.
Popular celebrities who have done BBL include Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Amber Rose, etc
BBL Vs Butt Implants
A Brazilian butt lift often gets mistaken for butt implants but it’s far from it.
Unlike butt implants where the surgeon inserts silicone implants directly under the muscle, a BBL uses fat transfer from an area in the body and directly injecting it into the buttocks. If you want a more natural tone and curves, a BBL is the best choice to not have any external enhancements in the body.
A BBL uses the body’s own fat and keeps things natural after recovery. Butt Implants have a higher risk for infection and complication and its not for every type of body. BBL offers women of all sizes to proceed with the procedure if they have no current health issues. If you are thinking between the two, it’s best suggested to have BBL as your first choice before thinking about butt implants. Some people have little or no extra fat that can be transferred and their second choice would have to be butt implants.
However, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, it is said to be the most dangerous cosmetic surgery as one in 3,000 patients die after the procedure.
A Nigerian woman, Abimbola Bamgbose died two weeks after having a Brazilian Butt lift in Turkey. The 38-year-old mother of three was unhappy with the size of her stomach.
1. The surgery is usually performed as an outpatient procedure under anesthesia, but in procedures where a smaller volume of fat is transferred, it may be done with only local anesthesia.
2. Liposuction is then used to remove fat from other areas of your body, such as your hips, stomach, and thighs. Liposuction involves making incisions in the skin and then using a tube to remove fat from the body.
3. The extracted fat is purified and prepared for transfer.
4. The surgeon finishes by injecting the processed fat into specific areas of the buttocks to create a more rounded, full look.
How to know if you are eligible for a BBL procedure
You are eligible to do BBL if you fall into the following categories:
- lost your natural shape due to age or weight fluctuations
- don’t feel comfortable in your clothes
- have enough fat stores in your hips and other areas for grafting
- are a nonsmoker
- are at a healthy weight
- want a buttock augmentation without implants
- lead a healthy lifestyle overall, which includes regular exercise
- haven’t had any recent infections or complications related to surgery
- Enhance your curves
- Reduce fat pockets on your hips, thighs or belly while adding fullness to the buttocks
- Help clothing fit more attractively
- Give a more youthful, aesthetically pleasing shape to flat buttocks
- Enhance your overall proportions by improving the balance between your upper and lower body
- Gives your body a natural look
- Lower risk of infection compared to silicone buttock implants
As expected with any surgery, this procedure carries the risk of side effects. These include:
- lumps under the skin in the areas suctioned or injected
- loss of skin in the treated areas due to deep infection
- fat embolism in the heart or lungs, which can be deadly
Questions to ask your BBL Surgeon
Here is a list of questions to ask your plastic surgeon during a consultation:
- Are you a certified plastic surgeon?
- How many butt lift surgeries like this have you performed?
- What should I expect during and after surgery for my butt lift?
- Were you specifically trained in this procedure?
- Am I a good candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift?
- What are some risks that I should know about?
- Do you take insurance or is it out of pocket cost?
- Do you have an discounts or specials that I can benefit?
- What surgical techniques will be used and is there new technologies that I should know about?
- How long until I see results for my butt lift and how long will the results stay?
- Do you have before-and-after photos from past clients?
- How long will the surgery take?
Recovery for a BBL
Like any cosmetic surgery, you’ll need to take special care after a Brazilian butt lift. You won’t be able to sit on your butt for two to three weeks following surgery as your buttocks may be swollen for several weeks. you’ll need to sleep on your side or on your stomach until the area has completely healed.
You will also likely feel pain during the first week post-surgery, which can be easily controlled with the pain medications which will be prescribed by your plastic surgeon upon your discharge from the hospital. A normal sitting position is usually allowed after 8 weeks of the surgical procedure performed.
Usually, you will be allowed to return to your light daily activities in one week and normal life in 10 to 14 days. Your surgery office will guide you throughout the pre-operation and post-operation for best results.
Overall, the effects of this surgery last several months to years.
PROMOTE YOUR | MUSIC| VIDEO | COMEDY SKIT | MIXTAPES HERE ON CONNECTNAIJA CALL/WHATSAPP : +2348122390211