Efere Ibaba soup is a dish native to the Efiks, Ibibios, and also Igbos.
The soup is basically thickened with ibaba seeds also called ‘okpo’ by the igbos. The seeds are unshelled and then cooked until bleached (the water is not black any more).
It is the ground and used as a thickener. To achieve an additional flavour and taste, different vegetables like uziza, oha, ugu, curry leaf or even ukazi are added to this soup and it is totally delicious.
- 10 seeds of Ibaba seeds/ 3/4 cup of ground Ibaba
- 2 handful of preferred leaf (oha, curry leaf + waterleaf, uziza + oha, Ugu or Okazi)
- 1kg of preferred meat
- 500g of Dry fish
- 300g of Stockfish
- 1 cup of periwinkle
- 3 Seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- Chili pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup of Crayfish, ground
- 1 large Onions, chopped
- 300g Kpomo
- 1 cup Palm oil
1. Place the meat in a pot and put on heat.
2. Season the meat with chili pepper, onions, 2 seasoning cubes and salt to taste.
3. When the meat is almost soft, add the washed stock fish and cook for another 15mins.
4. Add the washed dry fish and cook for another 10mins.
5. Add the periwinkle to the cooked meat combo and cook for about 5mins.
6. Make a paste with the palm oil and the grouns Ibaba powder.
7. Add it to the meat stock and stir properly.
8. Cut the preferred leaves into large chunks.
9. Add the remaining seasoning cube and the crayfish and stir properly.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. Serve with preferred swallow.
The post Prepare A Tasty Pot Of Ibaba Soup In 11 Easy Steps appeared first on FabWoman | News, Style, Living Content For The Nigerian Woman.
PROMOTE YOUR | MUSIC| VIDEO | COMEDY SKIT | MIXTAPES HERE ON CONNECTNAIJA CALL/WHATSAPP : +2348122390211