11 Things To Know About Dr. Ify, Wife Of LP Lagos Governorship Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
A biography on Dr. Ify Rhodes-Vivour
Dr. Ify Rhodes-Vivour is one woman that has caught the attention of many in the run-up to the 2023 gubernatorial elections.
Dr. Ify is a molecular geneticist whose groundbreaking research has made significant contributions to the fight against malaria.
Her husband, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour is running for the governorship seat in Lagos State under the Labour Party.
Here are some things to know about her.
1. Born in 1983, Dr. Ify RV hails from Umunze in Anambra State but was born in London, United Kingdom.
2. Her father is Augustine Aniebo, a retired Nigerian general who served as military administrator of Borno State.
3. Dr. Ify attended Queen Mary’s University, where she bagged a degree in Medical Genetics. She has a second degree in Biomolecular Technology from Nottingham University. She then proceeded to Oxford University for a Ph.D. in Molecular Genetics from the University of Sussex in the UK.
4. She was the youngest person and the only black person while studying for her Ph.D. She was also the only Nigerian in the Wellcome-Oxford-WHO unit in Thailand and the Malaria Department at the Sanger Institute in Cambridge.
5. She pursued postdoctoral research at the University of Oxford, where her primary area of interest was the genetics of malaria resistance in African populations.
6. Dr. Ify currently works as a Senior Research Fellow at the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research, where she leads a team studying the molecular genetics of malaria parasites.
7. Her area of research has focused on understanding how genetic variations in malaria parasites can affect their virulence and resistance to drugs. Her work has led to the identification of several new drug targets for malaria treatment and has helped to inform the development of more effective antimalarial drugs.
8. Through her research, she has been working on finding a cure for malaria. This includes Clinical Research in Thailand, conducting Field work along the Thai-Laos Border, and presenting her work at the 21st World Malaria conference in Mae Sot and the Genome conference in Cambridge.
9. Through her charity work, she contributed parasite-impregnated bed nets to children between the ages of 2 and 8 at a motherless children’s home in Bangkok.
10. She is a mentor to many young scientists and has worked to promote science education and encourage more girls to pursue careers in STEM fields.
11. Dr Ify got married to Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour in 2013 whom she met while studying in London, United Kingdom.
The post 11 Things To Know About Dr. Ify, Wife Of LP Lagos Governorship Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour appeared first on FabWoman | News, Celebrity, Beauty, Style, Money, Health Content For Millenial Women.
PROMOTE YOUR | MUSIC| VIDEO | COMEDY SKIT | MIXTAPES HERE ON CONNECTNAIJA CALL/WHATSAPP : +2348122390211