- Boiled Yam
- Chopped mixed veg – onions, chilies, spring onions, bell peppers etc
- 2 eggs – or more depending on how many yams you have
- Seasoning cubes – optional
- Vegetable oil
- Boil your yam as normal
- Use a potato masher or a food processor to turn it into a mash
- Add the chopped vegetables. (onions, bell pepper, ata rodo (scotch bonnet/habanero pepper) and spring onions to make it colourful)
- Add the eggs (Quantity depends on the amount of yam you have)
- The batter must be thick. If it is too watery, the pancake will break apart when you try to flip it, and it may spill into a mess a sandwich toaster.
- Once it is thick and the consistency is right, season with salt and/or seasoning cubes.
- Heat up a non-stick or in this case a cast iron pan with a little oil as you would a regular pancake. Scoop on the batter and use the back of the spoon to spread it out into a wider circle.
- Cook this on medium heat to allow the pancakes to cook properly on one side without burning, so you can flip it over to cook the other side without breaking the pancake.
- When both sides have browned, take it out of the pan, and repeat the process.
Credit: Dooneys Kitchen
The post Recipe: How To Prepare Yam Pancakes appeared first on FabWoman | News, Style, Living Content For The Nigerian Woman.
PROMOTE YOUR | MUSIC| VIDEO | COMEDY SKIT | MIXTAPES HERE ON CONNECTNAIJA CALL/WHATSAPP : +2348122390211