Achicha Ede is a form of cocoyam pottage prepared with dried cocoyam flakes. It is one of the traditional meals peculiar to Igboland especially Enugu.
Try your hands on this quick recipe by Nigeria Galleria.
– 1 cup Achicha (Dried cocoyam)
– 1 cup Akidi Oji
– 5 wraps Ugba
– 2 cooking spoons Palm oil
– 4 medium-size Pepper – 2 medium bulb Onions
– ½ small size Ukpehe
– 2 Maggi cube
– 2 liters Water
– Salt to taste
- Pound the achicha to a coarse texture.
- Wash 2 times and soak in cold water till it doubles in size.
- Place a pot on the fire and pour 6 cups of water.
- Add the akidi Oji and continue cooking
- .Keep adding 2 cups of water when the water dries up in the pot.
- Cook for 2 hours till akidi oji is soft.
- Wash the achicha 3 times and drain, squeeze out the excess water. Pour the achicha into a sieve and place on top of the akidi oji and cover the pot.
- Steam for 30 minutes
- Remove the achicha from the pot and set aside.
- Drain off excess water from akidi oji and set aside
- Heat palm oil in a pan for 1 minute, add onions, maggi, ukpehe, fresh pepper and ugba, fry for 3 minutes.
- Mix the achicha and akidi oji together and pour into the sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Simmer for 2 minutes
- Serve hot
Watch Video below for more directions
The post Recipe: How To Prepare Achicha Ede (Cocoyam Pottage) appeared first on FabWoman | News, Style, Living Content For The Nigerian Woman.
PROMOTE YOUR | MUSIC| VIDEO | COMEDY SKIT | MIXTAPES HERE ON CONNECTNAIJA CALL/WHATSAPP : +2348122390211