Ronaldo Hit With £50,000 Fine And A Two-Match Ban By The FA After He Smashed A Fan’s Phone
Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly been hit with a £50,000 fine and a two-match ban by the FA after smashing a fan’s phone earlier this year.
Following Manchester United’s defeat to Everton at Goodison Park last season, Ronaldo appeared to slap the hand of Jacob Harding as he stormed down the tunnel, damaging the boy’s phone.
The FA have now concluded their investigation, and handed Ronaldo a hefty fine as well as a suspension, as reported by The Mirror.
While the investigation was ongoing last month, it was reported that Ronaldo would accept an improper conduct charge from the FA, but was determined to fight the threat of a potential ban.
Now that he has been given a suspension, it remains to be seen whether he will dispute the punishment handed down.
The charge comes just a day after he ended his second spell at United following his bombshell interview with Piers Morgan where he criticised the club.
United announced that Ronaldo’s contract had been terminated by ‘mutual consent’ on Tuesday evening.
‘Nevertheless, we always have to be respectful, patient and set the example for all the youngsters who love the beautiful game.
‘I would like to apologise for my outburst and, if possible, I would like to invite this supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford as a sign of fair play and sportsmanship.’
The 37-year-old was interviewed by police in relation to alleged assault and criminal damage and received a caution for his behaviour.
Ronaldo also looked to apologise to Harding in person, but the mother of the 14-year-old autistic boy Sarah Kelly refused, leading to a 10-minute phone call, with Kelly later branding the superstar as ‘arrogant’.
‘He asked me if I would like to come down and meet his family,’ she told The Mirror. He said, “I’m not a bad dad”. I said to him, “I never said you were a bad dad”.
PROMOTE YOUR | MUSIC| VIDEO | COMEDY SKIT | MIXTAPES HERE ON CONNECTNAIJA CALL/WHATSAPP : +2348122390211