16 Remarkable Facts About The “Queen Of Rock n Roll”, Tina Turner
Legendary singer, songwriter, dancer, actress, and author Tina Turner has passed on.
She died on May 24, 2023, at the age of 83.
Here are some remarkable facts about the Queen of rock and roll.
1. Her real name is Anna Mae Bullock.
2. She and her sisters were separated as young children when their parents relocated to Knoxville, Tennessee, to work at a defense facility during World War II. After the war, the sisters reunited with their parents and moved with them to Knoxville.
3. She worked as a domestic worker in her teenage years.
4. Bullock’s first recording was in 1958 under the name ‘Little Ann’ on the single “Boxtop” and it wasn’t until 1960 that she started performing as Tina Turner. Her introduction as Tina Turner was as part of the duo Ike & Tina Turner. Ike Turner was her ex-husband.
5. Her abusive relationship with Ike led to her suicide attempt by overdosing on Valium pills in 1968.
6. Tina Turner won her first Grammy in 1971 as part of the Ike & Tina Turner Revue for ‘Proud Mary’ and her first solo Grammy in 1985 for What’s Love Got To Do With It.
7. In January 1988 Turner set a Guinness World Record “for the largest paying rock concert attendance for a solo artist” by performing in front of approximately 180,000 people at Maracanã Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
8. She sold more than 100 million records worldwide during her career.
9. Turner moved to Switzerland in 1995 to join her German-born record producer partner Erwin Bach and lived there till her death.
10. After a 27-year romantic relationship, she married Erwin Bach married in a civil ceremony on the banks of Lake Zurich in Küsnacht, Switzerland in July 2013.
11. She became a citizen of Switzerland on April 22, 2013. She relinquished her American citizenship on October 24, 2013.
12. Turner suffered a stroke three months after her marriage to Bach in October 2013. She suffered a myriad of other life-threatening diseases like intestinal cancer, kidney failure, and high blood pressure. She considered assisted suicide but Bach offered to donate a kidney for her transplant. Turner had kidney transplant surgery on April 7, 2017.7.
13. Some of her notable awards include 12 Grammy Awards, 3 Hall of Fame Awards, and a Lifetime Achievement Award (2018).
14. She had two biological sons: one with Raymond Hill, named Raymond Craig, born on August 20, 1958, and the other with Ike Turner, Ronald “Ronnie” Renelle Turner, born on October 27, 1960. Ronnie died from colon cancer in December 2022.
15. She considered herself a Buddhist.
16. She was honoured with a Barbie doll by Mattel in 2022 to commemorate her single “What’s Love Got To Do With It.
Everything You Need To Know About The Late “Queen Of Soul Music”, Aretha Franklin
The post 16 Remarkable Facts About The “Queen Of Rock n Roll”, Tina Turner appeared first on FabWoman | News, Celebrity, Beauty, Style, Money, Health Content For Millenial Women.
PROMOTE YOUR | MUSIC| VIDEO | COMEDY SKIT | MIXTAPES HERE ON CONNECTNAIJA CALL/WHATSAPP : +2348122390211