Cocoa powder is made by crushing cocoa beans and removing the fat or cocoa butter.
Today, cocoa is most famous for its role in chocolate production. However, modern research has revealed that it does indeed contain important compounds that can benefit your health.
Here are 10 health and nutritional benefits of cocoa powder.
1. Rich in Polyphenols That Provide Several Health Benefits
2. May Reduce High Blood Pressure by Improving Nitric Oxide Levels
Studies reveal that cocoa is rich in flavanols, which lower blood pressure by improving nitric oxide levels and blood vessel function. Cocoa containing between 30–1,218 mg of flavanols can reduce blood pressure by an average of 2 mmHg.
3. May Lower Your Risk of Heart Attack and Stroke
4. Polyphenols Improve Blood Flow to Your Brain and Brain Function
Flavanols in cocoa can support neuron production, brain function and improve blood flow and supply to brain tissue. They may have a role in preventing age-related brain degeneration, such as in Alzheimer’s disease, but more research is needed.
5. May Improve Mood and Symptoms of Depression by Various Means
6. Flavanols May Improve Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
7. May Aid Weight Control in Many Surprising Ways
8. May Have Cancer-Protective Properties
9. Theobromine and Theophylline Contents May Help People With Asthma
Cocoa extract has demonstrated some anti-asthmatic properties in animal studies. However, human trials are needed before it can be recommended as a treatment.
10. Antibacterial and Immune-Stimulating Properties May Benefit Your Teeth and Skin
The post 10 Health And Nutrition Benefits Of Cocoa Powder appeared first on FabWoman | News, Style, Living Content For The Nigerian Woman.
PROMOTE YOUR | MUSIC| VIDEO | COMEDY SKIT | MIXTAPES HERE ON CONNECTNAIJA CALL/WHATSAPP : +2348122390211